We are essential, and so are you! Our firm is still OPEN for business and accepting new clients. To protect your safety in response to the threats of COVID-19, we are offering new and current clients the ability to meet with us via telephone or through video conferencing.Please call our office at 301-732-7675 to discuss your options.

Silver Spring: 240-833-2284
Frederick: 301-668-5111
Upper Marlboro: 301-736-5432

Experienced. Trustworthy. Driven.

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Personal Injury
  4.  » Slip-and-fall accidents can cause significant personal injury

Slip-and-fall accidents can cause significant personal injury

| May 26, 2020 | Personal Injury |

An unexpected step down, a wet floor or even a loose piece of flooring can mean a trip to the emergency room. All sorts of things can cause the Maryland resident to slip and fall. When this happens, the questions of whose fault is it and is there a personal injury claim that needs to be addressed often come up. The answer to these questions often has to do with the circumstances surrounding the accident.

Is the property generally well-maintained? Or, has the property been neglected and thus poses a safety risk? The property owner may not know that someone has spilled something on the floor; therefore, the spill remains and poses a risk for someone to slip and fall. Or perhaps the property owner knows that there is a slip and fall risk and does nothing to prevent someone from slipping and falling.

Uneven surfaces can also be a problem. If an uneven surface is not visible to an individual and an accident occurs, it could be considered negligence. However, if the uneven surface is properly marked and the individual was simply not paying attention, a claim of negligence against the property owner could be a challenge.

Slip-and-fall accidents occur on a regular basis. Injuries suffered in such an accident can cause both physical and financial injury. If the accident is the result of someone else’s negligence, then it may be in the individual’s best interest to pursue the matter through the Maryland civil court system.


FindLaw Network