April 2014 Archives

Cruise Ship Injuries

Have you been injured in, gotten sick on or had an accident in a cruise ship? Do you believe that the cruise ship company was responsible for your illness or injuries? Have you looked at your ticket? Do you even have a copy of your ticket? Tickets are very important in cruise ship negligence cases. For example the ticket may dictate that you have to submit a formal claim within 6 months or file a suit in a far away court.

Losing Custody

In the recent CINA (Children In Need of Assistance) case of In re Joy D., the Maryland Court of Special Appeals held that a parent can permanently lose their right to regain custody if they persistently fail to take the necessary steps in working towards reunification with their child. In the Joy D. case, the mother had a history of abusing and neglecting her child. She also suffered from severe psychological problems. Nonetheless, her refusal to cooperate with social services in their treatment and reunification efforts ultimately led to her permanently losing all custody rights. 

Foreclosure Defense and Assistance

Ill conceived and often illegal lending practices (i.e. mortgage fraud, , and predatory financing) have left millions of homeowners upside down in their mortgage, confused about their legal rights and most of all frustrated at the financial position they now find themselves in.

Contractors and Construction Owners

If you are a contractor and have been denied compensation and or are being threatened with a lawsuit, contact our firm immediately so that we can help you understand your legal rights and options. Our contractor attorneys can handle construction disputes throughout Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia.

Mechanic's Liens

If you or your company have been denied financial compensation and need to file a Mechanic's Lien due to a failure to pay for goods or services, contact our firm immediately so that we can help you begin the lien process. The procedure for obtaining a lien differs depending on the state the work was completed in. In DC and Virginia you can obtain a lien immediately. In Maryland you will have to file a petition for a lien in the applicable circuit court. A hearing must then be held to give all parties involved the opportunity to respond.

Email Us For A Response

How Can We Help You

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Frederick Office
170 West Patrick Street
Frederick, Maryland 21701

Phone: 301-732-7675
Phone: 301-668-5111
Fax: 301-668-2770
Frederick Law Office Map

Silver Spring Office
12114B Heritage Park Circle
Silver Spring, Maryland 20906

Phone: 301-732-7675
Phone: 240-833-2284
Fax: 301-942-8296
Silver Spring Law Office Map

Upper Marlboro Office
14452 Old Mill Road
Suite #301
Upper Marlboro, Maryland 20772

Phone: 301-732-7675
Phone: 301-736-5432
Upper Marlboro Law Office Map